- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh chopped tomato (about 1 medium sized tomato) OR 1 14-ounce can of whole or crushed tomatoes with their juices
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste (optional)
- 8 oz of clam juice (or shellfish stock)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (like Sauvignon blanc)
- 1 1/2 lb fish fillets (use a firm white fish such as halibut, cod, red snapper, or sea bass), cut into 2-inch pieces
- Pinch of dry oregano
- Pinch of dry thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 6-quart Instant Pot, or other pressure cooker
- Heat olive oil in a large thick-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 4 minutes, add the garlic and cook a minute more. Add parsley and stir 2 minutes. Add tomato and tomato paste, and gently cook for 10 minutes or so.
- Add clam juice, dry white wine, and fish. Bring to a simmer and simmer until the fish is cooked through and easily flakes apart, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add seasoning. Salt to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve. Great served with crusty bread for dipping in the fish stew broth.
You may also like
Roasted Garlic Chicken Roasted garlic chicken recipe, whole chicken, brined in a garlic salt brine, then roasted. Classic Rack of Lamb Rack of Lamb is so elegant! Perfect for entertaining. Tender oven-roasted rack of lamb, seasoned with rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and freshly ground black pepper, and slathered with olive oil. Chicken Peanut Curry West African inspired chicken peanut curry, with lime, coriander seed, onion, cilantro, mint, ginger, chili, peanuts, and chicken. Grilled Shrimp with Italian Tomato Salsa Grilled shrimp with an Italian tomato salsa of fresh, uncooked tomatoes, black olives, garlic and parsley.