- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh chopped tomato (about 1 medium sized tomato) OR 1 14-ounce can of whole or crushed tomatoes with their juices
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste (optional)
- 8 oz of clam juice (or shellfish stock)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (like Sauvignon blanc)
- 1 1/2 lb fish fillets (use a firm white fish such as halibut, cod, red snapper, or sea bass), cut into 2-inch pieces
- Pinch of dry oregano
- Pinch of dry thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 6-quart Instant Pot, or other pressure cooker
- Heat olive oil in a large thick-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 4 minutes, add the garlic and cook a minute more. Add parsley and stir 2 minutes. Add tomato and tomato paste, and gently cook for 10 minutes or so.
- Add clam juice, dry white wine, and fish. Bring to a simmer and simmer until the fish is cooked through and easily flakes apart, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add seasoning. Salt to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve. Great served with crusty bread for dipping in the fish stew broth.
You may also like
Shrimp and Grits Southern style shrimp and grits! Easy to make at home, grits topped with shrimp, onions, peppers and bacon. Grilled Chicken with Tomato Tarragon Sauce Simple and easy, grilled chicken recipe, topped with a tomato tarragon sauce. Shell Pasta with Sausage and Greens Shell pasta with sausage and greens, made with shell pasta, Italian sausage, and kale or broccoli rabe. Best Ever Turkey Meatballs Best turkey meatballs ever, with ground turkey, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and herbs.