- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced cucumbers, seeded if the cucumbers are very seedy, and peeled if the cucumbers have thick peels
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 cups cherry or sungold tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped, pitted kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup high quality olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (omit for vegan option)
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar (seasoned or unseasoned)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 clove peeled and minced garlic (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Cook the quinoa: Cook quinoa in salted water (1 teaspoon salt for 2 cups water) according to quinoa box instructions. (Usually that means heating 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water until simmering, then lowering the heat to low, covering and cooking for 15 minutes.) Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. To cool quickly, spread out cooked quinoa on a baking sheet.
- Prep veggies and herbs: While the quinoa is cooking, prep the vegetables and herbs for the salad.
- Toss with olive oil, vinegar, salt, feta: Place cooled quinoa, cucumbers, onions, tomato, bell pepper, olives, and herbs (mint, oregano, parsley) in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil to gently combine. Sprinkle with vinegar, salt, and crumbled feta cheese, and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
You may also like
Melon Salad with Chili and Mint Fresh melon, diced, and tossed with lemon or lime, mint, and serrano chili. Shrimp Pasta Salad Simple shrimp and pasta salad, with an oil and lemon dressing, small pink shrimp, bell pepper, red onion, garlic, and basil. Waldorf Salad First presented at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in 1893, this all-American Waldorf salad recipe includes chopped apples, celery, grapes, and toasted walnuts in a mayonnaise dressing. Chicken Salad with Roasted Bell Peppers and Toasted Almonds A cool twist on a simple chicken salad, with poached chicken breasts, roasted red bell peppers, toasted almonds, garlic and parsley.