- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 8 slices rye bread
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 3/4 lb corned beef brisket, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup Russian Dressing
Combine the following ingredients. Makes one-half cup.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Butter one side of four slices of bread, and place the slices buttered-side down on a large piece of wax paper on a flat surface. Top each with a slice of Swiss cheese, and then divide half of the corned beef among them.
- Using paper towels, squeeze out excess moisture from the sauerkraut. Divide the sauerkraut among the sandwiches, and top each with one tablespoon of Russian dressing. Add another layer of corned beef and a second slice of Swiss cheese to each sandwich. Top with the remaining bread slices; butter the side facing out.
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan to medium heat. Cook the sandwiches on one side until the bread is golden brown. Use a spatula to carefully flip the sandwiches over and finish cooking on the second side. Cut the sandwiches in half before serving. Serve with a side of coleslaw.
You may also like
Smoked Salmon and Gruyere Grilled Cheese Sandwich Toasty grilled Gruyere Swiss cheese sandwich with smoked salmon and Meyer lemon. Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Bacon and Pear Grilled cheese sandwich with French bread slices, bacon, pear, and sharp white cheddar cheese. Inspired by the Arlequin deli in San Francisco. Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Sauerkraut on Rye Grilled cheese sandwich recipe with Gruyere Swiss cheese and sauerkraut on rye bread. Reuben Sandwich Classic reuben sandwich with corned beef, dark rye bread, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, with Russian dressing - grilled.