- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 4-pound (1.8 kg) whole chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) apricot preserves
- Whisk together the cumin, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Rub the spices all over the chicken. Loosely cover and let sit at least one hour, or preferably refrigerate overnight. In either case allow chicken to sit at room temperature for at least one hour (preferably two) before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the chicken in a roasting pan, breast-side up. Rub olive oil all over the chicken. Place in the middle rack of the oven and cook for 50 minutes at 375°F or until the internal temperature of the chicken thighs reaches 165°F.
- While the chicken is roasting, heat the apricot preserves in a small saucepan or in the microwave until warm and runny.
- Remove chicken from oven, and baste the exposed surfaces of the chicken all over with the apricot preserves, using a basting brush. Increase the oven temperature to 400°F.
- Return the chicken to the oven and cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, basting the chicken again with the glaze halfway through, until the glaze is bubbly and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
You may also like
Spicy Chicken Nuggets Spicy Chicken Nuggets! A specialty of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, these chicken nuggets are marinated in lime juice, rum, and soy sauce, dredged in flour and paprika and fried. Chicken Piccata Easy Chicken Piccata! Takes 20 minutes to make. Chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour, browned, served with sauce of butter, lemon juice, capers, and stock or wine. Buffalo Wings Baked buffalo wings! Chicken wings marinated in a spicy sauce, broiled, served with a tangy delicious blue cheese sauce Chicken Pasta with Thyme-Mint Cream Sauce Cubed chicken sautéed in olive oil, served with pasta in a creamy sauce infused with thyme, mint, and honey.