- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 4-pound (1.8 kg) whole chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) apricot preserves
- Whisk together the cumin, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Rub the spices all over the chicken. Loosely cover and let sit at least one hour, or preferably refrigerate overnight. In either case allow chicken to sit at room temperature for at least one hour (preferably two) before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the chicken in a roasting pan, breast-side up. Rub olive oil all over the chicken. Place in the middle rack of the oven and cook for 50 minutes at 375°F or until the internal temperature of the chicken thighs reaches 165°F.
- While the chicken is roasting, heat the apricot preserves in a small saucepan or in the microwave until warm and runny.
- Remove chicken from oven, and baste the exposed surfaces of the chicken all over with the apricot preserves, using a basting brush. Increase the oven temperature to 400°F.
- Return the chicken to the oven and cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, basting the chicken again with the glaze halfway through, until the glaze is bubbly and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
You may also like
Chicken Tikka Masala Chicken Tikka Masala! Very EASY to make on the stovetop. Just like take-out! Ready in 30 minutes, plus marinating time. Mom’s Chicken Enchiladas Tex Mex chicken enchiladas, corn tortillas dipped in red chili sauce, rolled up with cooked chicken, covered with more sauce and shredded cheese, and baked. How to Grill Juicy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts How to grill boneless skinless chicken breasts so they stay juicy and don't get dried out. Grilled Cornish Game Hens Cornish game hens spatchcocked and grilled.