- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, undrained and flaked
- 1 slice of bread, shredded
- 3 Tbsp chopped green onion, including the green parts
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped dill weed, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3 Tbsp minced green bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Several turns of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
Optional base flavorings:
- Mint leaves (1 bunch, stems removed, chopped, about 1 cup)
- Cinnamon and cardamon (1 cinnamon stick, 2 cardamom pods)
- Amaretto (1-2 tablespoons)
- Almond extract (1 teaspoon)
- Mix patty ingredients: In a large bowl, gently mix together the salmon, bread, green onion, garlic, dill, bell pepper, flour, egg, paprika, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Form into 8 patties, each about 1/2 inch thick.
- Brown in skillet: Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Cook the patties until nicely browned on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
You may also like
Chicken Pasta with Thyme-Mint Cream Sauce Cubed chicken sautéed in olive oil, served with pasta in a creamy sauce infused with thyme, mint, and honey. Chicken Milanese Classic Italian Chicken Milanese is surprisingly EASY and FAST to make at home. Serve with a side salad for an easy weeknight meal. Make-ahead options. Potato Salad with Apples and Bacon Perfect summer potluck potato salad with Yukon Gold potatoes, bacon, onions, and chopped apple. Moroccan-Spiced Sweet Potato and Chickpea Stew Moroccan-spiced vegetable and chickpea stew seasoned with ras el hanout spice mix (cumin, coriander, ginger, and cinnamon). Vegan and gluten-free. 30-minute cooking time.