- 3 large plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets, about 5-6 ounces each
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cucumber, Jicama, Ginger Salad:
- 3/4 cup of seeded, diced, thin-skinned (English or Persian) cucumber, peel-on (you can also use regular cucumbers that have been peeled)
- 2/3 cup peeled, small diced jicama
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 6 large leaves of butter lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Blanch the tomatoes, then peel, core and dice: Blanch the tomatoes by first scoring the ends with a sharp knife, and then plunging them into a pot of simmering salted water for 15-30 seconds. Then put them into ice water for 1 minute. Drain the tomatoes and peel off and discard the skin. Cut the tomatoes into quarters, remove the core and seeds, and dice the flesh.
- Combine tomatoes, herbs, olive oil, salt: In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, tarragon, basil, chives and olive oil. Add salt to taste.
- Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, shallots: In another bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, and shallots (the acid in the lemon juice and vinegar will help take the sharp edge off of the shallots).
- Bake the salmon fillets: Arrange salmon fillets on an oiled baking sheet without crowding. Drizzle with olive oil and season lightly with salt. Bake until salmon is barely cooked through and lightly browned on the edges, 8-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon fillets.
- Mix dressing with tomato mixture, serve with salmon: To serve, mix the shallot mixture with the tomato mixture, and spoon a couple tablespoons around each fillet. Sprinkle the salmon with freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
You may also like
Salmon Spread Salmon spread appetizer with a combination of smoked salmon and freshly poached salmon, mixed together with lemon juice, capers, Dijon, chives, lemon zest, and butter. Serve on toasted baguette slices. Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Mayo Chinese coconut shrimp, shrimp coated in coconut flakes and panko, fried and served with a sweet chili mayo sauce. Calamari Stewed with Tomatoes Calamari (squid) slow cooked in tomato sauce with onion, fennel, garlic, red wine, and parsley. Grilled Salmon with Dill Butter Simple and easy, grilled salmon with dill butter and lemon. Low carb and paleo too!