- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp of capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon of chopped jalapeño peppers (no seeds, no stem, no ribs) either fresh or pickled
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 fresh salmon fillets, 1/2 lb each
Other toppings for your bowl:
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced radish
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- Red pepper flakes
- Sauté the onions and garlic: In a large, wide (at least 12 inches wide) saucepan (one that comes with a cover), heat olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring regularly, until just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, lemon zest and juice, capers, jalapeño, salt, pepper: Raise the heat to medium-high and add the tomatoes, thyme, lemon zest, lemon juice, capers, and jalapeño peppers. Simmer for 10 minutes, adding a little water if needed to prevent the sauce from getting too dry. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add wine and water: Add 1/3 a cup of white wine - a simple Chardonnay will work. Add 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a simmer.
- Add salmon fillets, cover and cook: Place the fillets in the pan on top of the sauce, skin side down, if the fillets are still in their skin. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 4-7 minutes, depending on how thick the cuts of fish are. Poke the fish with a fork and look for doneness. The fish should still be a little rare in the middle, but not raw. Serve immediately, with tomato sauce generously applied.
You may also like
Broiled Lobster Tail with Brown Butter Sauce Broiled lobster tail with a sauce of brown butter and toasted hazelnuts Pasta Puttanesca A classic Italian pasta sauce based on pantry items such as olives, capers, anchovies and canned tomatoes. Chicken Curry in a Hurry A quick, tasty, and filling recipe for chicken curry. Slow Cooker Chinese Pulled Pork Easy Slow Cooker Chinese Pulled Pork! With spices, honey, ginger, soy sauce. Just put it in the crockpot and go!