- 2 (6-8 ounce) ahi tuna steaks (3/4 of an inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (or 2 teaspoons of wheat-free tamari for gluten-free option)
- 1 Tbsp of grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion (scallion) thinly sliced (a few slices reserved for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Santa Maria Rub (enough for a 4 pound roast)
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp finely ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry rosemary (or fresh, finely minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry sage
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and coat the tuna steaks with the marinade, cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high to high heat. When the pan is hot, remove the tuna steaks from the marinade and sear them for a minute to a minute and a half on each side ( even a little longer if you want the tuna less rare than pictured.)
- Remove from pan and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices. Sprinkle with a few green onion slices. Can serve plain, with white rice, or over lettuce or thinly sliced cabbage or fennel. Shown served over sliced fennel salad.
You may also like
Spicy Grilled Turkey Burger with Coleslaw Spicy grilled turkey burger served with tomatoes, sweet pickles, and coleslaw. Not your everyday turkey burger, these have fresh chives, bread crumbs, basil and Tabasco sauce. Risi e Bisi, Italian Rice and Peas A classic Italian comfort food of rice with peas and chunks of ham. Bouillabaisse A classic French shellfish and fish stew recipe, prepared with the freshest possible seafood, caught and served the same day. Served with a spicy sauce rouille. Greek Chicken Skewers with Flatbread and Yogurt Sauce (Chicken Souvlaki) Greek Chicken Skewers (a.k.a. Souvlaki!) served with warm flatbread and tangy yogurt sauce. A simple and healthy weeknight meal. Cook on a grill or indoors on the stovetop.