- 2 (6-8 ounce) ahi tuna steaks (3/4 of an inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (or 2 teaspoons of wheat-free tamari for gluten-free option)
- 1 Tbsp of grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion (scallion) thinly sliced (a few slices reserved for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Santa Maria Rub (enough for a 4 pound roast)
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp finely ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry rosemary (or fresh, finely minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry sage
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and coat the tuna steaks with the marinade, cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high to high heat. When the pan is hot, remove the tuna steaks from the marinade and sear them for a minute to a minute and a half on each side ( even a little longer if you want the tuna less rare than pictured.)
- Remove from pan and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices. Sprinkle with a few green onion slices. Can serve plain, with white rice, or over lettuce or thinly sliced cabbage or fennel. Shown served over sliced fennel salad.
You may also like
Lasagna Classic lasagna recipe with ground beef, onion, Mozzarella, Ricotta, and Parmesan cheeses, tomato sauce and lasagna noodles. Chicken and Apples in Honey Mustard Sauce Simple and quick chicken breast with apples cooked in broth, with a honey mustard sauce. Baked Lingcod with Lemon-Garlic Butter Sauce Baked ling cod recipe served with a lemon garlic butter sauce. Turkey Tetrazzini Turkey tetrazzini recipe, a turkey casserole with egg noodles, mushrooms, peas, Parmesan and Swiss cheeses, cream, bread crumbs and turkey.