- 2 (6-8 ounce) ahi tuna steaks (3/4 of an inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (or 2 teaspoons of wheat-free tamari for gluten-free option)
- 1 Tbsp of grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion (scallion) thinly sliced (a few slices reserved for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Santa Maria Rub (enough for a 4 pound roast)
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp finely ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry rosemary (or fresh, finely minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry sage
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and coat the tuna steaks with the marinade, cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high to high heat. When the pan is hot, remove the tuna steaks from the marinade and sear them for a minute to a minute and a half on each side ( even a little longer if you want the tuna less rare than pictured.)
- Remove from pan and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices. Sprinkle with a few green onion slices. Can serve plain, with white rice, or over lettuce or thinly sliced cabbage or fennel. Shown served over sliced fennel salad.
You may also like
Grilled Flank Steak with Mushrooms Grilled flank steak with a sauce of assorted mushrooms, sautéed with butter and shallots and cooked down in a red wine reduction. Thai Green Curry with Chicken This easy green curry is made with chicken, coconut milk, fresh herbs, and lime. You'll have a stunning dish to admire, smell, and taste! Frittata with Potatoes, Red Peppers, and Spinach Healthy and satisfying weeknight frittata with potatoes, onions, red peppers, spinach, and ground turmeric. Mom’s Chicken Enchiladas Tex Mex chicken enchiladas, corn tortillas dipped in red chili sauce, rolled up with cooked chicken, covered with more sauce and shredded cheese, and baked.