- 2 (6-8 ounce) ahi tuna steaks (3/4 of an inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (or 2 teaspoons of wheat-free tamari for gluten-free option)
- 1 Tbsp of grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion (scallion) thinly sliced (a few slices reserved for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Santa Maria Rub (enough for a 4 pound roast)
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp finely ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry rosemary (or fresh, finely minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry sage
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and coat the tuna steaks with the marinade, cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high to high heat. When the pan is hot, remove the tuna steaks from the marinade and sear them for a minute to a minute and a half on each side ( even a little longer if you want the tuna less rare than pictured.)
- Remove from pan and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices. Sprinkle with a few green onion slices. Can serve plain, with white rice, or over lettuce or thinly sliced cabbage or fennel. Shown served over sliced fennel salad.
You may also like
Slow Cooker Cajun-Spiced Stuffed Peppers Slow Cooker Cajun-Spiced Stuffed Peppers! 15 minutes to prepare, 4 to 5 hours in the slow cooker. Cod Fish Cakes Delicious cod fish cakes with fresh cod fillets, potatoes, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, and egg. Basil Chicken Coconut Curry Basil coconut chicken curry made with chicken thighs, jalapeño, coconut milk, basil and ginger Chicken Gumbo with Andouille Sausage A classic spicy chicken and andouille sausage gumbo with okra.