- 1 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sweet orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- Mix marinade ingredients (buttermilk, marmalade, soy sauce) in a medium bowl. Add the chicken tenders to the marinade and stir to coat completely with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour (or longer).
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the breading. Heat a medium sized thick-bottomed skillet on medium high heat. Add the panko breadcrumbs to the dry hot pan and spread the breadcrumbs so they are in an even layer in the pan. Lower the heat to medium and stir frequently until the breadcrumbs begin to brown. Once you can see visible browning, stir in the raw sesame seeds. Continue to cook in the pan, stirring frequently until the mixture is a deep golden color. Remove from heat. Stir in the olive oil and the salt and stir until all of the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds are lightly coated with the oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a roasting with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top. Brush or spray the rack with a little cooking oil. Place the toasted breadcrumb mixture in a shallow bowl for dredging. Remove the chicken tenders one at a time from the marinade (do not wipe off the marinade) and dredge them in the bread crumb mixture. Place them on the prepared rack on the roasting pan.
- Bake chicken tenders at 400°F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- While the chicken tenders are baking, prepare the dipping sauce. In a small bowl stir together the orange marmalade, soy sauce, sriracha hot sauce, and seasoned rice vinegar. Serve sesame chicken fingers with the spicy orange dipping sauce.
You may also like
Grilled Cornish Game Hens Cornish game hens spatchcocked and grilled. Basil Chicken Coconut Curry Basil coconut chicken curry made with chicken thighs, jalapeño, coconut milk, basil and ginger Breaded and Baked Chicken Drumsticks Chicken drumsticks, dipped first in a mayo mustard mixture, then in dry breadcrumbs with chives, then oven baked. Colombian Chicken Soup Colombian chicken soup made with chicken thighs and legs, onion, corn, potatoes, cilantro, capers and a special Columbian Ajiaco sauce.