- 10-12 seville oranges, washed and scr믭 clean
- 1 cup sugar
- The juice from one large lemon
- 5 cups cold, filtered water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice*
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar)
- Cut the oranges in half lengthwise and then slice them into thin 1/8-inch slices.
- Put them in a large flat-bottomed non-reactive bowl. Stir in the sugar. Use a potato masher to mash the orange slices until most of the segments are juiced.
- Pour water into the bowl of orange slices. Stir to mix gently, making sure that any undissolved sugar gets completely dissolved. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Set a large fine mesh strainer over another large bowl and strain the orange mixture through it, pressing if necessary to get out as much of the juice as possible. Pour into a serving pitcher.
You may also like
Seville Orangeade Totally delicious orangeade drink, made with sour Seville oranges. Seville Orange Marmalade Homemade Seville orange marmalade, made with fresh Seville oranges and lemons. No added pectin needed. Detailed instructions and photographs. Orange Bread Quick and easy orange bread with fresh grated orange zest, golden raisins, and an optional orange lemon glaze. Festive Beet Citrus Salad with Kale and Pistachios Colorful Beet and Kale Salad with red and golden beets, blood orange slices, kale, and toasted pistachios. Paleo and Vegan.