- 10-12 seville oranges, washed and scr믭 clean
- 1 cup sugar
- The juice from one large lemon
- 5 cups cold, filtered water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice*
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar)
- Cut the oranges in half lengthwise and then slice them into thin 1/8-inch slices.
- Put them in a large flat-bottomed non-reactive bowl. Stir in the sugar. Use a potato masher to mash the orange slices until most of the segments are juiced.
- Pour water into the bowl of orange slices. Stir to mix gently, making sure that any undissolved sugar gets completely dissolved. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Set a large fine mesh strainer over another large bowl and strain the orange mixture through it, pressing if necessary to get out as much of the juice as possible. Pour into a serving pitcher.
You may also like
Chocolate Orange Shortbread Cookies Shortbread cookies packed with chocolate and laced with orange zest. Moroccan Orange Dessert A traditional Moroccan dessert made with oranges, orange flower water and cinnamon. Spicy Orange Marinated Chicken Chicken thighs, pounded thin, marinated in mixture of orange juice, onion, garlic, herbs, and chipotle, then quickly pan fried. Delicious! Sriracha Orange Glazed Green Beans Quick and easy! Green beans boiled and tossed with spicy orange marmalade sauce to glaze