- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 Tbsp of lemon juice (2 if regular lemon, 4 if Meyer lemon), more to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 pound cooked, shelled, small pink shrimp (salad shrimp)
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions, including the greens
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco or Crystal hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Food processor
- In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Beat until smooth (you may need to use a whisk.)
- If you have a food processor, pulse together the shrimp and the cream cheese mixture, three 1-second pulses. If not, or if you just don't want to deal with the food processor, chop up the shrimp—fine to medium chop—and mix into the cream cheese.
- Return to the bowl and stir in the scallions and parsley. Add the hot sauce and black pepper to taste. Add more lemon juice to taste. Keep chilled. Serve with crackers or crudite.
You may also like
Fava Bean Dip with Goat Cheese and Garlic Fresh Fava Bean Dip with green garlic, lemon zest, olive oil, and goat cheese. Great served with jicama or cucumber slices. Edamame Avocado Dip Dip made with edamame soybeans, avocado, cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, and dashes of Tabasco and sesame oil. Pineapple Salsa with Jicama Tangy tropical Pineapple Salsa with jicama, pineapple, red bell pepper, cilantro, and fresh ginger root. Roasted Red Bell Pepper Dip Roasted Red Bell Pepper Dip made with roasted red bell peppers, fresh red bell peppers, garlic, mayonnaise, and balsamic vinegar.