- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 Tbsp of lemon juice (2 if regular lemon, 4 if Meyer lemon), more to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 pound cooked, shelled, small pink shrimp (salad shrimp)
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions, including the greens
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco or Crystal hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Food processor
- In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Beat until smooth (you may need to use a whisk.)
- If you have a food processor, pulse together the shrimp and the cream cheese mixture, three 1-second pulses. If not, or if you just don't want to deal with the food processor, chop up the shrimp—fine to medium chop—and mix into the cream cheese.
- Return to the bowl and stir in the scallions and parsley. Add the hot sauce and black pepper to taste. Add more lemon juice to taste. Keep chilled. Serve with crackers or crudite.
You may also like
How to Make Perfect Guacamole The BEST guacamole! So easy to make with ripe avocados, salt, serrano chiles, cilantro and lime. Garnish with red radishes or jicama. Serve with tortilla chips. Blue Corn Chicken Nachos Celebrate Red, White and Blue with these Blue Corn Tortilla Chip Nachos! With a creamy pepper jack cheese sauce, chicken, and pico de gallo Crab Dip Delicious crab dip with lump crab meat, sour cream, mayonnaise, shallots, dill, lemon zest, white wine vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pineapple Salsa with Jicama Tangy tropical Pineapple Salsa with jicama, pineapple, red bell pepper, cilantro, and fresh ginger root.