- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 Tbsp of lemon juice (2 if regular lemon, 4 if Meyer lemon), more to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 pound cooked, shelled, small pink shrimp (salad shrimp)
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions, including the greens
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco or Crystal hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Food processor
- In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Beat until smooth (you may need to use a whisk.)
- If you have a food processor, pulse together the shrimp and the cream cheese mixture, three 1-second pulses. If not, or if you just don't want to deal with the food processor, chop up the shrimp—fine to medium chop—and mix into the cream cheese.
- Return to the bowl and stir in the scallions and parsley. Add the hot sauce and black pepper to taste. Add more lemon juice to taste. Keep chilled. Serve with crackers or crudite.
You may also like
Hot Crab Dip Hot crab dip recipe with cream cheese and mayo base, lump crab meat, green onions, parsley, horseradish, slivered almonds, and Tabasco. Caramelized Onion Dip Balsamic caramelized onions mixed with sour cream and mayo for a flavor-filled onion dip. Cucumber Mint Raita A cool and refreshing Indian condiment for hot and spicy dishes, made with yogurt, cumin, cucumber, and mint. Swiss Chard Tzatziki (Yogurt Dip) Delicious tzatziki yogurt dip with Swiss chard, mint, olive oil, lemon, and garlic. Great with pita chips!