- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, quartered, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- 1/2 pound small red skinned new potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices or small dice
- Salt (to taste)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 pound of asparagus, woody ends discarded, spears thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp (can leave tails on for presentation if you want), 16-20 count
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp minced chives or green onion greens
- Sheet pan, at least 11-by-17 inches or larger
- Sauté onions and garlic: Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add the sliced onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic, cook a minute more.
- Add potatoes, water, cover and cook: Add the potatoes and 1/2 cup water. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, until the potatoes are almost cooked through.
- Add asparagus: Add the thinly sliced asparagus, toss with the potato mixture, cover and cook for one minute.
- Add the shrimp, lemon juice, lemon zest, chives: Add the shrimp, lemon juice, lemon zest, and chives. Toss and cover and cook until shrimp is just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add more salt or pepper to taste.
You may also like
Baked Asparagus with Parmesan Baked Asparagus with olive oil and parmesan cheese. Easy and elegant! Asparagus Risotto Classic asparagus risotto made with arborio rice, shallots, stock, fresh asparagus, and Parmesan cheese. Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta with penne, sautéed strips of chicken breast, broth, cream, goat cheese, parmesan, lemon, and asparagus! Easy midweek meal, perfect for spring! Roasted Asparagus Quick and easy roasted asparagus recipe, with thick asparagus spears, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and a little lemon juice.