- 2 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb of large shrimp, cleaned and peeled, tails on
- Bamboo skewers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar (can sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Soak the skewers in water for at least a half an hour before grilling.
- In a large bowl whisk together the spices—the paprikas, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper—and the lime juice and olive oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat with the marinade. Keep chilled for half an hour to an hour.
- Prepare grill for medium-high direct heat, or heat a grill pan. Thread the shrimp onto skewers (it helps to double thread with two skewers at a time to make it easier to turn over on the grill). Baste the grill grates with some olive oil so that the shrimp don't stick to the grill. Grill or cook a few minutes per side (2-4, depending on the size of the shrimp), until the shrimp are just cooked through. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
You may also like
Crab Mango and Avocado Salad Crab mango salad with avocado! Dungeness crab lump meat gently folded with cilantro, lime, avocado and mango. Served with a citrus mango sauce. Smoked Salmon Hash Hash brown potatoes, with smoked salmon, onions, a little sour cream, horseradish, mustard, chives and parsley. Panko-Crusted Baked Salmon Panko-crusted baked salmon! Salmon steaks or fillets coated in honey mustard, breaded with Japanese panko crumbs, and baked to perfection. Seared Scallops with Brown Butter Caper Sauce Large sea scallops, seared and topped with browned butter sauce with capers and lemon zest.