- 2 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb of large shrimp, cleaned and peeled, tails on
- Bamboo skewers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar (can sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Soak the skewers in water for at least a half an hour before grilling.
- In a large bowl whisk together the spices—the paprikas, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper—and the lime juice and olive oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat with the marinade. Keep chilled for half an hour to an hour.
- Prepare grill for medium-high direct heat, or heat a grill pan. Thread the shrimp onto skewers (it helps to double thread with two skewers at a time to make it easier to turn over on the grill). Baste the grill grates with some olive oil so that the shrimp don't stick to the grill. Grill or cook a few minutes per side (2-4, depending on the size of the shrimp), until the shrimp are just cooked through. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
You may also like
How to Cook and Eat Steamer Clams How to make steamed soft shell clams, otherwise known as steamers, a specialty of New England. Shrimp Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce Spring rolls with shrimp and vegetables! So fresh and easy. Make for a snack, appetizer, or light meal. Serve with peanut sauce for dipping! Sautéed Shrimp with Tropical Fruit Salsa Sautéed shrimp topped with a mango pineapple kiwi salsa and toasted coconut flakes. 1 pot and takes only 25 minutes to make! Grilled Tuna Kebabs Get your grill on with tuna kabobs! skewers of marinated fresh tuna, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms.