- 2 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb of large shrimp, cleaned and peeled, tails on
- Bamboo skewers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar (can sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Soak the skewers in water for at least a half an hour before grilling.
- In a large bowl whisk together the spices—the paprikas, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper—and the lime juice and olive oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat with the marinade. Keep chilled for half an hour to an hour.
- Prepare grill for medium-high direct heat, or heat a grill pan. Thread the shrimp onto skewers (it helps to double thread with two skewers at a time to make it easier to turn over on the grill). Baste the grill grates with some olive oil so that the shrimp don't stick to the grill. Grill or cook a few minutes per side (2-4, depending on the size of the shrimp), until the shrimp are just cooked through. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
You may also like
Crab Bisque Delicious, rich and creamy crab bisque, made with fresh cracked Dungeness crab meat, and stock made from the crab shells. Grilled Salmon with Dill Butter Simple and easy, grilled salmon with dill butter and lemon. Low carb and paleo too! Smoked Salmon Pasta Smoked salmon with pasta in a sauce of shallots, garlic, white wine, lemon, and cream, with toasted pine nuts and parsley. Sake Ginger Glazed Salmon Sake ginger glazed salmon recipe, marinated in a Japanese yakitori sauce and fresh ginger.