- 1 pound thin, skinless fish fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup flour for dredging
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup small capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 3 cups of turkey stock (that you make in step...)
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup cream
- Dredge fillets in flour: Rinse the fish in cold water and pat them dry. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and pepper. Then place the flour mixture in a long shallow bowl or dish. Dredge the fillets in the flour so that both sides are lightly coated.
- Fry fillets until golden: Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large stick-free sauté pan. When the oil is hot (add a little pinch of flour to the oil, and if it sizzle immediately, you're ready), work in batches and place the fish fillets in the pan in one layer and fry until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Add more oil to the pan if needed.
- Remove fish to a paper-towel lined plate: Once browned on both sides, remove the fish fillets from the pan, set them on a paper towel-lined plate (or keep them warm in a 200°F oven).
- Deglaze pan with wine: Add the white wine to the pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add lemon juice and capers: Let the wine boil furiously for a minute or two, until greatly reduced, then add the lemon juice and capers. Boil another minute.
- Swirl in butter: Turn off the heat. Add 1 Tbsp of butter to the pan, swirling it constantly. When it melts, repeat the process with the other tablespoon of butter.
- Serve: Stir in half of the parsley and pour it over the fish. Sprinkle the fish with the remaining parsley. Serve at once.
You may also like
Quick Beef Stew with Mushrooms and White Beans Beef stew, quickly prepared with top sirloin steak, white beans, carrots, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Smothered Turkey Wings Slow roasted turkey wings, smothered in homemade turkey gravy. Pure comfort food! Classic Rack of Lamb Rack of Lamb is so elegant! Perfect for entertaining. Tender oven-roasted rack of lamb, seasoned with rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and freshly ground black pepper, and slathered with olive oil. Honey Mint Glazed Chicken Grilled chicken pieces, marinated first, then glazed with a simple fresh mint and honey glaze.