- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard (the kind you get at the ballpark)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dry mustard (like Coleman’s)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
- 4 drumsticks, bone-in with skin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Heat the butter over medium heat until it's frothy, then add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Do not let the onions brown.
- Add everything else, stir well and simmer slowly for 30 minutes or more.
You may also like
How to Turn Your Kettle Grill into a Smoker Don't have a smoker? Smoke ribs on your Weber grill, low and slow. Step-by-step instructions on how to smoke meat on your kettle grill. Hot Dogs with Sriracha and Asian Slaw Asian style hot dogs with sriracha hot sauce and Asian cole slaw. South Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce Not all barbecue sauces are red. Enjoy this tangy South Carolina barbecue sauce made with yellow mustard, onions, vinegar, sugar, and cayenne. Smoky Barbecue Sauce It's smoky! Rich, spicy, smoky barbecue sauce. Perfect for burgers, ribs, or beef brisket.