- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard (the kind you get at the ballpark)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dry mustard (like Coleman’s)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
- 4 drumsticks, bone-in with skin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Heat the butter over medium heat until it's frothy, then add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Do not let the onions brown.
- Add everything else, stir well and simmer slowly for 30 minutes or more.
You may also like
Grilled Chicken with South Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce Grilled Chicken with South Carolina BBQ Sauce pairs zesty, mustard-based South Carolina-style barbecue sauce with grilled chicken. You get a hint of sweetness and spice from the sauce, and every bite is wonderfully smoky from the grill! Bourbon Barbecue Sauce Outrageously good homemade barbecue sauce with molasses, chili, onion, lemon juice, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and bourbon. Easy BBQ Chicken in the Oven Easy BBQ Chicken in the Oven! Works with any barbecue sauce. Ready in an hour, including marinating and cook time. Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce Barbecue sauce made with Dr. Pepper soda, onion, tomatoes, orange juice, vinegar, honey, and cayenne. Great with pork ribs or brisket.