- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard (the kind you get at the ballpark)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dry mustard (like Coleman’s)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
- 4 drumsticks, bone-in with skin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Heat the butter over medium heat until it's frothy, then add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Do not let the onions brown.
- Add everything else, stir well and simmer slowly for 30 minutes or more.
You may also like
How to Turn Your Kettle Grill into a Smoker Don't have a smoker? Smoke ribs on your Weber grill, low and slow. Step-by-step instructions on how to smoke meat on your kettle grill. Easy BBQ Chicken in the Oven Easy BBQ Chicken in the Oven! Works with any barbecue sauce. Ready in an hour, including marinating and cook time. Kansas City Barbecue Sauce Homemade Kansas City barbecue sauce! a rich tomato-based sauce that is just as sweet as it is spicy. Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce Barbecue sauce made with Dr. Pepper soda, onion, tomatoes, orange juice, vinegar, honey, and cayenne. Great with pork ribs or brisket.