- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard (the kind you get at the ballpark)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dry mustard (like Coleman’s)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
- 4 drumsticks, bone-in with skin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Heat the butter over medium heat until it's frothy, then add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Do not let the onions brown.
- Add everything else, stir well and simmer slowly for 30 minutes or more.
You may also like
Bourbon Barbecue Sauce Outrageously good homemade barbecue sauce with molasses, chili, onion, lemon juice, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and bourbon. Kansas City Barbecue Sauce Homemade Kansas City barbecue sauce! a rich tomato-based sauce that is just as sweet as it is spicy. How to Turn Your Kettle Grill into a Smoker Don't have a smoker? Smoke ribs on your Weber grill, low and slow. Step-by-step instructions on how to smoke meat on your kettle grill. Smoky Barbecue Sauce It's smoky! Rich, spicy, smoky barbecue sauce. Perfect for burgers, ribs, or beef brisket.