- 3 cups de-stemmed sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup to 1 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you want the result, and how sweet your strawberries are to begin with)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups full fat yogurt (if use low or non fat, then add 2 Tbsp cream)
- 6-quart or larger slow cooker
- Cook strawberries with lemon juice, salt, sugar, and mash: Place the strawberries, lemon juice, salt, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat, stirring, until the sugar has completely dissolved. Use a potato masher to mash up the strawberries as the mixture is heating. As soon as all of the sugar has completely dissolved, remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in milk, yogurt, then chill: Stir in the milk and yogurt, until completely incorporated. Place the mixture in the refrigerator, and chill for at least an hour, preferably several hours, until completely cold, before proceeding.
- Process in ice cream maker: Process the mixture in your ice cream maker (Amazon sells a good one) 20 to 25 minutes. Eat immediately or keep in freezer until served.
You may also like
How to Poach Chicken, the Quick and Easy Way Poaching chicken is the EASIEST way to cook chicken for quick weeknight meals! Great for making shredded or sliced chicken for easy soups, lunch salads, burrito bowls, and more. Walnut Parsley Pesto A traditional winter pesto made from parsley and walnuts instead of basil and pine nuts. Meyer Lemon Sorbet Intensely lemony, this crisp Meyer lemon sorbet is like making lemonade with a detour through the ice cream maker. Lasagna Classic lasagna recipe with ground beef, onion, Mozzarella, Ricotta, and Parmesan cheeses, tomato sauce and lasagna noodles.