- 3 cups de-stemmed sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup to 1 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you want the result, and how sweet your strawberries are to begin with)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups full fat yogurt (if use low or non fat, then add 2 Tbsp cream)
- 6-quart or larger slow cooker
- Cook strawberries with lemon juice, salt, sugar, and mash: Place the strawberries, lemon juice, salt, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat, stirring, until the sugar has completely dissolved. Use a potato masher to mash up the strawberries as the mixture is heating. As soon as all of the sugar has completely dissolved, remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in milk, yogurt, then chill: Stir in the milk and yogurt, until completely incorporated. Place the mixture in the refrigerator, and chill for at least an hour, preferably several hours, until completely cold, before proceeding.
- Process in ice cream maker: Process the mixture in your ice cream maker (Amazon sells a good one) 20 to 25 minutes. Eat immediately or keep in freezer until served.
You may also like
Rhubarb Sorbet Fresh and fruity rhubarb sorbet, made with vibrant pink rhubarb stalks, orange zest, and fresh ginger. Make-Ahead Alfredo Sauce Make-ahead alfredo cheese sauce! Ready in 10 minutes. Keeps for a week in the fridge and reheats quickly. Toss with pasta or serve over vegetables, potatoes, fish, or chicken. Herbed Chicken Tenders with Tomato Sauce Chicken tenders, baked with an herbed breadcrumb coating, served with simple Italian tomato dipping sauce. Coffee Ice Cream Homemade coffee ice cream recipe using milk and cream infused with whole coffee beans.