- 3 cups de-stemmed sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup to 1 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you want the result, and how sweet your strawberries are to begin with)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups full fat yogurt (if use low or non fat, then add 2 Tbsp cream)
- 6-quart or larger slow cooker
- Cook strawberries with lemon juice, salt, sugar, and mash: Place the strawberries, lemon juice, salt, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat, stirring, until the sugar has completely dissolved. Use a potato masher to mash up the strawberries as the mixture is heating. As soon as all of the sugar has completely dissolved, remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in milk, yogurt, then chill: Stir in the milk and yogurt, until completely incorporated. Place the mixture in the refrigerator, and chill for at least an hour, preferably several hours, until completely cold, before proceeding.
- Process in ice cream maker: Process the mixture in your ice cream maker (Amazon sells a good one) 20 to 25 minutes. Eat immediately or keep in freezer until served.
You may also like
Broccoli Cheddar Bites Cheesy baked broccoli snacks, great for a brunch, kid-friendly lunch, or party! Beet Hummus Colorful beet hummus made with red beets, tahini, lemon, and garlic. Great with pita chips or veggies! How to Make Chicken Stock Three tried and true methods for making GREAT homemade chicken stock. One method involves simmering a chicken carcass with vegetables. The other methods require sautéing chopped pieces of backs and wings first, before simmering with water and veggies. Coffee Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Outrageously good homemade ice cream with a coffee custard base, oreo cookies, and a touch of rum.