- 2 cups vegetable stock (for vegetarian option), chicken stock or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Zest and juice from 2 lemons
- 5-6 Roma or plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped, including the greens
- 2-3 cups parsley, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
Sour cream sauce:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Place the bulgur in a medium sized bowl. Bring the stock or water and the teaspoon of salt to a boil, pour it over the bulgur. Let sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, bulgur and mix well. Add in all the other ingredients and mix to combine.
- Taste the tabbouleh, and add more salt, olive oil or more lemon juice to taste. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Will keep chilled for several days.
You may also like
Tabbouleh Fresh and easy tabbouleh parsley and bulgur wheat salad, with fresh parsley, mint, bulgur soaked in stock, tomatoes, olive oil and lemon juice. Lamb Korma Lamb Korma, Afghan style, lamb leg or shoulder slowly cooked in a stew with onions, tomato, spices and yogurt. Cucumber Salad with Tahini Dressing Cucumber salad tossed with a dressing made from tahini paste and lemon. Chicken Stew with Coriander, Cilantro, and Chard Delicious Chicken Stew! Inspired by Middle Eastern flavors with chard, coriander and cilantro.