- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing on tortilla and pan
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced, about 3/4 cup sliced onion
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 large flour tortillas (sandwich wraps)
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 2/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 button or cremini mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
To assemble the lasagna:
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces mozzarella, sliced and torn into rough half moon pieces
- Preheat oven: Place racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Sauté onions: Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a small sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to soften. Add a pinch of sugar and the balsamic vinegar, cook for a few more minutes until the onions are thoroughly softened and translucent. Remove from heat.
- Brush sheet pan and tortillas with olive oil: Brush a sheet pan with olive oil. Place a tortilla on each baking sheet and brush each with olive oil.
- Sprinkle tortillas with cheese, mushrooms, onions: Sprinkle each tortilla with half a cup of shredded Asiago cheese. Add bits of ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup for each tortilla. Sprinkle with mushrooms and with the slightly caramelized onions. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake: Place the baking sheets in the oven. Bake until the crust is crisp and brown all over, about 10 minutes (the time varies, depending on the oven), rotating the sheet pans and swapping out their positions on the racks halfway through the cooking to ensure even baking. Cut with a pizza cutter or a knife.
You may also like
Caramelized Onion Tart with Gorgonzola and Brie Crispy savory tart made with puff pastry, caramelized onions, and gorgonzola and brie cheeses. Broccoli Cheddar Bites Cheesy baked broccoli snacks, great for a brunch, kid-friendly lunch, or party! Golden Cheddar Cheese Crisps Lacy, crunchy Golden Cheddar Cheese Crisps! Stress-free easy party appetizer. Ready in under 30 minutes. Caramelized Onion Quiche Rich and creamy quiche with caramelized onions and Gruyere cheese.