- 2 cups roughly chopped cooked roast beef or pot roast beef
- 1 large russett or 2 smaller yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the tomato filling:
- 4 cups (about 1 3/4 pounds) cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt (for the tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup (40g) shredded Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 large egg, well beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, to garnish
- Grind the beef, potatoes, and onions together: Take approximately equal proportions of beef, potatoes, and onions and put them through a meat grinder using a medium grinder attachment so that they are well mixed and ground. If you don't have a meat grinder, you can pulse a few times in a food processor, or finely chop by hand.
- Brown the hash: Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, preferably a cast iron pan, on medium high to high heat. Add the hash to the frying pan so that a half an inch of hash covers the bottom of the pan. If you have more hash to cook, do so in separate batches. Brown the hash, stirring only infrequently at first to make sure that the hash has an opportunity to brown well. As you cook the hash, add pinches of salt and fresh ground pepper. Do this a couple of times with each batch of hash. Cook for at least 10 minutes and until the hash is well browned. Serve immediately with ketchup.
You may also like
Grilled Flank Steak with Mushrooms Grilled flank steak with a sauce of assorted mushrooms, sautéed with butter and shallots and cooked down in a red wine reduction. Shrimp with Orange Beurre Blanc Gulf shrimp sauteed in olive oil and served with an orange beurre blanc sauce, a buttery sauce with orange zest, white wine and shallots. Spicy Chicken Drumsticks Spicy chicken drumsticks prepared with a Carribean jerk rub and then broiled. Potato Spinach Sausage Casserole Casserole recipe with potatos, spinach, and Italian sausage. Perfect for a large family meal.