- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups chopped broccoli (about 1/2 lb)
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 oz)can Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
To assemble the lasagna:
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces mozzarella, sliced and torn into rough half moon pieces
- Cook the noodles and broccoli: Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large (6 qt) pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add a tablespoon of salt. Return to a boil. Add noodles. Cook uncovered on high heat on a rolling boil. Just before pasta is al dente, (firm but cooked through, earliest cooking time minus 2 minutes), add the chopped broccoli to the pasta and cook for 2 more minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms: While the pasta is cooking, dry sauté the mushrooms in a frying pan on medium high heat (no need to add butter or oil, mushrooms will cook in their own juice). When mushrooms have given up their moisture (about 5-10 minutes), remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook the onions: After the pasta is done and is draining in a colander, heat a large oven-proof pan on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the onions and cook them until translucent.
- Combine pasta, broccoli, mushrooms, tuna, can of mushroom soup, cheese, milk, cream: Add the pasta and broccoli mixture back into the pot; stir in the mushrooms. Stir in the tuna, can of cream of mushroom soup, grated cheese, milk and cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with crushed potato chips: Spread crushed potato chips over the top of the mixture.
- Bake: Cook for 20 minutes at 400°F in the oven, until the topping has browned.
You may also like
Turkey Black Bean Quinoa Bake Easy cheesy quinoa bake with black beans, corn, garlic, shredded cooked turkey, and lots of cheddar cheese! Kale, Mushroom, and Cheddar Bake Casserole of chopped fresh kale, mushrooms, onions, ciabatta bread, cheddar cheese, milk, and eggs. Mexican Lasagna Mexican lasagna, also known as Mexican casserole or Stacked Enchilada. Layered casserole with corn tortillas, ground beef, green chiles, beans, salsa, and cheese. Sausage Breakfast Casserole EASY sausage breakfast casserole! With eggs, sharp cheddar cheese, cubed day old bread, and Italian pork sausage. Perfect brunch casserole!