For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the salad:
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch watercress, any thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed mint or basil leaves, or a combination of both, roughly chopped
- 16 ripe strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Persian or English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta
- Toast the almonds: Preheat the oven to 350F. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 7 to 9 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil. Taste and add more honey, salt, or pepper, if you like.
- Assemble the salad: In a salad bowl, toss the watercress, mint and/or basil, strawberries, radishes, and cucumber with half the dressing. Taste and continue adding additional dressing until the salad is evenly coated with dressing and flavorful. Top with crumbled feta and toasted almonds, and serve.
You may also like
Smoked Salmon Potato Leek Torta Delicious potato torta with Yukon Gold potatoes, smoked salmon, leeks, dill, eggs, and cream. Perfect for a Sunday brunch! Lemon Meringue Pie The BEST lemon meringue pie! Tart and creamy lemon custard filling with a mile-high billowy meringue top. Quiche Lorraine Quiche Lorraine with a buttery crust and a tender filling with our favorite food group - bacon! Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce A quick and easy version of this classic French hollandaise sauce, made in a blender.