For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the salad:
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch watercress, any thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed mint or basil leaves, or a combination of both, roughly chopped
- 16 ripe strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Persian or English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta
- Toast the almonds: Preheat the oven to 350F. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 7 to 9 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil. Taste and add more honey, salt, or pepper, if you like.
- Assemble the salad: In a salad bowl, toss the watercress, mint and/or basil, strawberries, radishes, and cucumber with half the dressing. Taste and continue adding additional dressing until the salad is evenly coated with dressing and flavorful. Top with crumbled feta and toasted almonds, and serve.
You may also like
Breakfast Casserole with Leeks and Asparagus Breakfast casserole with asparagus, leeks, bacon, bread, milk, eggs, feta and Parmesan. Perfect for spring! Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce Elegant steamed asparagus served with a Hollandaise butter sauce. Perfect for Mothers Day or a special breakfast, or a side for a special dinner! Spinach Frittata Quick and easy spinach frittata recipe with eggs, fresh spinach, onions, garlic, Parmesan and goat cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes. Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, roasted in the oven until crisp, is such an easy way to make your asparagus extra special. Great for Easter, Mother's Day, or any spring meal!