For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the salad:
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch watercress, any thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed mint or basil leaves, or a combination of both, roughly chopped
- 16 ripe strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Persian or English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta
- Toast the almonds: Preheat the oven to 350F. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 7 to 9 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil. Taste and add more honey, salt, or pepper, if you like.
- Assemble the salad: In a salad bowl, toss the watercress, mint and/or basil, strawberries, radishes, and cucumber with half the dressing. Taste and continue adding additional dressing until the salad is evenly coated with dressing and flavorful. Top with crumbled feta and toasted almonds, and serve.
You may also like
Spinach and Artichoke Quiche Spinach and artichoke quiche! With chopped spinach and artichokes hearts, shallots, goat cheese, green onions, eggs, and cream. Perfect for a Sunday brunch! Dutch Baby Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. Made with a batter of flour, eggs, sugar, butter, milk, cooked in the oven. Puffs up like Yorkshire pudding. Asparagus Mimosa with Hard Boiled Eggs and Capers Asparagus Mimosa! Asparagus spears, boiled until crisp tender, served with grated boiled eggs and a caper vinaigrette. Strawberry Cream Cake Beautiful three-layer strawberry cream cake for that special occasion. Rich pound cake cut into three layers, filled with fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and strawberry purée. Topped with whipped cream and strawberries.