- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup lime juice (4-6 limes, depending on how big and juicy the limes are)
- A quarter of a medium sized watermelon, rind removed, black seeds removed (if there are any), chopped into 1-inch cube-ish pieces, about 8 cups
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
For the salad:
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch watercress, any thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed mint or basil leaves, or a combination of both, roughly chopped
- 16 ripe strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Persian or English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta
- Soak the chopped red onion in the lime juice while you are prepping the other ingredients, about 10-15 minutes.
- Gently combine all ingredients into a large serving bowl. Serve immediately. Salad will get soggy if kept overnight.
You may also like
Farro, Mushroom, and Spinach Soup Quick and simple vegetarian dinner of grains, mushrooms, and spinach. Great for lunch, too! 30-minute one-pot meal. Kimchi Avocado Quesadilla Got kimchi? Make kimchi quesadillas! 15 minutes, one skillet, so easy! With cabbage kimchi, avocado, cheddar and jack cheese, some parsley, and a squirt of lime Soba Noodle Soup with Chicken and Bok Choy This soba noodle soup with chicken and baby bok choy is speedy comfort food! Seasoned with ginger, lime, scallions, and herbs. A true 30-minute meal. Best Ever Sloppy Joe A kid-friendly classic! Sloppy Joes with browned ground beef, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, cooked in sweet sour tomato sauce, served over hamburger buns.