- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup lime juice (4-6 limes, depending on how big and juicy the limes are)
- A quarter of a medium sized watermelon, rind removed, black seeds removed (if there are any), chopped into 1-inch cube-ish pieces, about 8 cups
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
For the salad:
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch watercress, any thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed mint or basil leaves, or a combination of both, roughly chopped
- 16 ripe strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Persian or English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta
- Soak the chopped red onion in the lime juice while you are prepping the other ingredients, about 10-15 minutes.
- Gently combine all ingredients into a large serving bowl. Serve immediately. Salad will get soggy if kept overnight.
You may also like
Green Beans with Salsa An easy to prepare green beans recipe with tomato and chile salsa. A Latin twist on the classical haricots a la provencale recipe. Cod Sautéed in Olive Oil with Fresh Tomatoes A quick and easy recipe for fish sautéed in olive oil, with Italian herbs and fresh tomatoes. Pasta with Ham and Peas Great use for leftover ham! Quick and easy, ham and peas with pasta, cream, and Parmesan. Mom’s Baked Apple Slices Baked apple slices recipe with fresh apple slices, baked with sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon.