- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup lime juice (4-6 limes, depending on how big and juicy the limes are)
- A quarter of a medium sized watermelon, rind removed, black seeds removed (if there are any), chopped into 1-inch cube-ish pieces, about 8 cups
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
For the salad:
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch watercress, any thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed mint or basil leaves, or a combination of both, roughly chopped
- 16 ripe strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Persian or English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta
- Soak the chopped red onion in the lime juice while you are prepping the other ingredients, about 10-15 minutes.
- Gently combine all ingredients into a large serving bowl. Serve immediately. Salad will get soggy if kept overnight.
You may also like
Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Parmesan Lemon Cream Sauce Angel hair pasta, also called capellini, served with shrimp and a lemon cream sauce with herbs and parmesan. Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan Broccoli, tossed in olive oil, lemon juice and salt, roasted and served with parmesan cheese and lots of black pepper. How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs Hard boiled eggs recipe. Tips for how to boil eggs so they come out perfectly every time. Salmon Avocado Poke Bowl Hawaiian poke is a rice bowl topped with fresh fish and lots of fun toppings, like avocado! A super simple, light meal. Look for sushi-grade salmon when shopping.