- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup lime juice (4-6 limes, depending on how big and juicy the limes are)
- A quarter of a medium sized watermelon, rind removed, black seeds removed (if there are any), chopped into 1-inch cube-ish pieces, about 8 cups
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
For the salad:
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch watercress, any thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed mint or basil leaves, or a combination of both, roughly chopped
- 16 ripe strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Persian or English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta
- Soak the chopped red onion in the lime juice while you are prepping the other ingredients, about 10-15 minutes.
- Gently combine all ingredients into a large serving bowl. Serve immediately. Salad will get soggy if kept overnight.
You may also like
Asian Tuna Salad Asian inspired tuna salad with canned tuna, radishes, cilantro, shredded carrot, ginger, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan Broccoli, tossed in olive oil, lemon juice and salt, roasted and served with parmesan cheese and lots of black pepper. Simple Cauliflower Soup Simple and easy cauliflower soup with just cauliflower, butter, salt, olive oil, and chives. Pasta with Ham and Peas Great use for leftover ham! Quick and easy, ham and peas with pasta, cream, and Parmesan.